7. marraskuuta 2012

More birthday baking

We had a small birthday party here in Sweden for my daughter, myself and my boyfriend's father. So we had three birthday heros, which means three cakes! The result was this:

A muffin cake (chocolate muffins with cream cheese frosting)


 New York Cheese Cake (do not remember where I took the recipe from...)



This was the first time me baking a red velvet cake. The reason was the tv-program Cake Boss, where all the customers always want a red velvet cake and I read somewhere that it is one of the most popular cakes in the USA. So I decided to give it a try and see if it really is so good. The cake is a very moist chocolaty cake and the filling and frosting is cream cheese frosting. I did not use as much as red dye as was in the recipe, but the cake still had a resemblance of red in it. The cake was so sweet that it was impossible to eat too much of it. And I have to say that I do prefer these our (European / Nordic / Finnish) type of filled cakes with airy, fluffy, fresh and different tasting fillings. If I ever make a Red Velvet Cake again, maybe I will substitute some of the cream cheese filling by a whipped cream based filling so that the sweetness won't be so overwhelming.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti